CMC Technologies supplies the Thorwesten Vent range of pressure shock resistant silos for the storage of ground fuels or secondary fuels, and dust collectors for de-dusting applications in silo.
Pressure shock resistant silos for pulverized fuels – complete supply, top only supply or engineering for 3rd party fabrication and erection.
Site-welded or workshop welded silos. Also available: segmented bolted constructions for super fast erection
The design includes all interfaces for infeed box, nuisance filter, explosion vent(s), instrumentation and access.
With cone aeration as discharge aid and auxiliary hardware. Special versions with flat bottom and special discharge techniques for fuels with poor flow characteristics. Designed for support by others, complete with support or skirted (stand alone).
Pressure shock resistant dust collectors for de-dusting applications in silos designed to de-dust or filter the air displaced in silos.
The advantages – benefits of this is design are:
· simplifies explosion protection of silos because the filter now becomes an integral part of the constructional explosion protection design of the complete silo by having an equal or better pressure shock resistance than the silo.
· all the components of the filter that can be exposed to the explosion pressure in case of a dust explosion in the silo are designed to withstand the pressure shock
· reduces explosion protection complexity and costs
· no additional maintenance platform needed, if the filter is directly mounted on the silo roof
· Explosion vents can be placed on silo only – no additional explosion vent needed on the filter due to the 2 barg pressure shock resistance
· No additional explosion diverter (decoupling) needed at filter inlet, or other optional explosion isolation equipment between filter and silo due to the 2 barg pressure shock resistance.
· In cases where silos are located indoors – then explosion suppression or flameless venting of silos (eg food industry) is made easy.
· Maintenance friendly – Easy maintenance by swiveling the head to the side without need for removing the electric (cable trays, etc.)
· Filter bags made of electrically, non conducting fabric and are cleaned automatically by compressed air jets.
· Optional with or without 2 barg pressure shock resistant fan directly mounted on the clean air.
· If correctly fitted, connected and earthed, commissioned, operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, the filter construction complies with the conditions for use in zone 20 inside and zone 22 outside (control unit) in accordance with 1999/92/EC. The filter is not considered under the interpretation of a “safety system” and once the pressure shock resistance has been demonstrated it requires no further approval ( e.g. type-examination certificate). The documented evidence of the pressure shock resistance can be obtained from TV/CMC upon request. The pressure shock resistance must correspond to the pressure shock resistance of the silo on which the filter is directly mounted and of which it thus becomes a component.