Fire and Explosion Risks:
- Fires and Explosions generate a high risk for people, the environment and production installations. The consequences are significant developments of heat and pressure.
- The fire and explosion safety of an installation is determined by risk factors of the process and products.
- High drying temperatures and material product characteristics can develop dangerous smouldering ἀres in the production process.
- Use of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Analysis for early fire detection is recommended according to VDI guideline 2263 part 7 and 7.1 is a proven technology.
- Early detection of smouldering fires allows the operators to mitigate fire propagation with help of technical measures. Continuous Carbon Monoxide (CO) monitoring is essential to ensure prevention against fires and explosions.